Westinghouse Solar (OTC: WEST) is a designer and manufacturer of solar power systems. The company's award-winning patented solar panel technology reduces the parts count by 80% and labor costs by 50% relative to ordinary panels, while improving aesthetics, safety and performance. The company has over 25 pending or issued patents related to solar panel installation technology. They sell their products across multiple channels that currently include a growing one-step distribution network of Westinghouse Solar Authorized Dealers throughout US, Canada and Puerto Rico; as well as through retail at the Lowe's Home Improvement stores, and OEM partnerships with companies such as leading HVAC equipment manufacturers.
According to SolarBuzz, a research and consulting firm, the U. S. solar market is projected to increase tenfold by 2014. The residential solar market increased 40% in 2009. Westinghouse Solar's strategic advantages in this rapidly growing industry are as follows:
Award winning products with strong IP protection
- 25+ pending or issued patents related to solar panel installation technology
- AC System recognized as a Breakthrough Product of the Year by Popular Mechanics. "Fully Integrated Solar System Moving Industry Toward True Plug-and-Play Solar Power"
Highly recognized and valued brand name
- Exclusive worldwide rights for Westinghouse Solar brand
- Westinghouse brand stands for trust and reliability
- Westinghouse brand accelerates customer adoptions through homeowner, retail and installer distribution channels
Rapidly growing sales channels
- One-Step Dealer Distribution Network - Westinghouse Solar Authorized Dealer network covering U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
- Retail - Lowe's Home Improvement stores nationwide
- Various OEM relationships
Award winning Westinghouse Solar Power Systems provide the best combination of safety, performance and reliability, while backed by the proven quality of the Westinghouse name.